10/25/2009

Al hayat halwa

No, we lost against ENA 13 -24, though I had a dramatic run in the last minute to a down! :-)  Today I had a socalled homeday w/my Gf.,watching "Faux Confesseur", a german movie, on DVD, and later, we started cooking binner, Dessert at first to let it cool out, then we made Dolma, Kefta au boulgour and for dessert we had Icecubes. On special question, here the recipe; 4 blades of Youfka(very thin dough, you can buy it in all oriental groceries), Youfka blades, 4-6 egg whites, 3-3 teaspoons of powder sugar, 2 soup spoons of sesame. Beat the egg whitrs till stiff, add powder sugar, Meanwhile, roast the sesame in a hot dry pan(Iron recommended) for a minute, care not to burn them to black! Then add them to the egg whites sugar cream slightly. Bring the Youfka blades in a pyramidal form, fill in the cream. Preheat oven((Gas 4-5,E 160C), then put yout then pyramides in for not longer than 10 minutes, they must not take too much color. Let them cool off, cover with powder sugar, serve. A fitting drink would be a Cognac or Arrak.Bon appetit!  Laters Pilgrim

3 comments:

Merche Pallarés said...

I've come and read three of your posts. Glad to know of your sports' successes and thank you for the dessert recipe! (I don't think I can find that special pastry dough, here in Ibiza...). Gros bisous, M.

y78ilm said...

Honestly, I've never heard of Youfka before but then I'm not that often in oriental shops. Nevertheless, sounds delicious!

Love
D

MartininBroda said...

Interesting recipe, I will comment more after a sucessful reinstallation of my pc, hopefully.