9/11/2009

9 -11- 2001

I was an 11yrs. old freshman at boarding school. When we were informed what had happened, I shrugged my shoulders. It was not until a couple of yrs. later when I watched a french documentary that the authors made accidentally, while in Manhattan, and showed the full disaster, horror and heroism that was displayed by firefighters, police officers, Red Cross, Red Star of David and even Red Halfmoon units! It made me weep. And to those creeps who see a smoking gun everywhere behind WTC 7 are just nutcases! Laters Pilgrim

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

We have a brief service every year on this date in my town commemorating those heroes whom you mention. It is inspiring that they made such efforts for others, but they accept the risk as part of their noble vocations. What makes it especially tragic is that they lost their lives in an event which happened only because of the malevolent deeds of a handful of individuals.

y78ilm said...

I was at work listening to the radio, finishing up for the day. Suddenly there were an extra news bulletin about an unconfirmed crash into the WTC just happened minutes earlier. That was plane #1.
When I got home I spent the rest of that day watching the story unfold on TV, I couldn't say a word. It was just horrible.

Jason Carwin said...

Thanks for writing about that.

Dave83201 said...

I saw it happen right before my eyes, along with countless others on TV. The fireball filled the screen as the second tower was hit. That was the moment we knew this was no accident. That was the moment the world changed.

Captastro said...

I was at work. People were talking about a plane that hit one of the towers. Most of us thought it was just a rumor. A TV was set up in the lunch room, and we discovered it was true. Then the second tower was hit. Nobody ever thought the towers would fall.

The shock was overwhelming, and I was only watching on television. I can't imagine how terrible it was for those who were there. Worse, of course, for those within.