5/18/2009

The results of yesterday

All in all it was not too dreadful to talk to Sam´s ´rents. His dad didn´t care much, but his mom was quite aware, that s/thing is going wrong w/her sons life. Obviously she referred on the alcohol issue. Of Sam´s other issue she seemed to be either unaware or just ignorant, since this was not mentioned. But they both thanked me really heatily, since "you are the only friend of Sam, who really cares about him."(O-sound,translated). I returned a" De rien"(for nothing,a common phrase to say you´re welcome) and since it was already around dinner time, I apologized for leaving and hit the road. At home, Roomie had prepared Chicken vindaloo(the brits might know :-D), a real hot spiced chicken. Later that eve I called Sam, who was pretty tied up, though it I was on his celly. I guess, he had to face his ´rents for a family conference. Whatever, I´ll be kept on track about what will happen to him. Now up to dinner and back to my learning! Tadah, Pilgrim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to go back and read about Sam...

Pilgrim said...

Guess, ya sohuld. :-?

Pilgrim said...

Oops, ya should!

naturgesetz said...

It sounds as if you got some results, with the family conference. I'm glad Sam's parents weren't in denial about what you told them. I hope that ultimately your efforts and those of his parents and possibly others, will help him overcome his problem, although the results may be slow in coming.

It would have been easy for you to ignore his problem or to avoid involving his parents. Doing this shows how much you care about him, and you are very good to have done it.

torchy! said...

i'm totally in agreement with NG. you are being a great friend to Sam, although in doing so, you are probably risking that friendship. i hope he doesn't treat you too harshly.

bon chance
torchy!