5/26/2009

Rugby, shopping, playing cards

First off, there are two new followers, Sasha and Col, who gave me a very heartily welcome on Grasp the Nettle, his blog, but I guess my followers know him all. Welcome here too! :-) ...Rugby today was a pretty freezy thing, yesterday 84F/29C at this time, today 59F/15C and it has rained last nite, so the matchground was all muddy and after training we all looked like ghouls. Dom, the guy who introduced me like 4yrs. ago to this sport at his Lycée, which is a bit down my street, is now at UPMC and my teams second forward as he always was since I know him and play this sport. After showering and redressing we went out for some new clothes, he bought some La Marina stuff, me Abercrombie(at last) and some sweaters and other stuff from Ralph Lauren. Tonite, like at 8pm CET I go play cards every tuesday, whis is fun, we are 4 peepz, me the youngest, and besides the cards we always dine toghether. My only real social time atm., given what I´m going thru w/learning, caring about Sam and other assorted stuff to deal with. Alltoghether today is one of the better days. :-) Btw, thx to you(you know who you are) for the encouraging comments! Laters Pilgrim

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

It's good to have something like that Tuesday evening dinner and cards group. Maybe it's just because I'm too much of a loner myself, but I haven't observed that sort of thing happening in the States among people your age. I think it becomes more common at a later age, maybe after 30.

Other bloggers can tell me I'm wrong, but I think before 30 the social interaction tends to be casual and spontaneous, except for dating.

Pilgrim said...

This is Paris, not some small town in N.H., my friend. :-)

naturgesetz said...

So back in Wallonia such things do not happen?

Pilgrim said...

Dunno, Joe, I ´m used ro the hrere and now.

Pilgrim said...

Gosh, so late? I gotta go to bed, Nite!